Monday, November 03, 2008

An Economist, I am not.

I know everyone is banging on about the recession at the moment, and it seems that hourly we're on the brink of some world financial collapse or other.

Question: if the world economy does collapse, what will it sound like?

Being the naive Pollyanna that I am, I am always looking for silver linings or good news. And today I've found a piece that I am going to share.

(Insert name of a brainy man) recently analyzed 255 examples of recessions in 17 western economies between 1871 and 2006. Nearly 65% of them lasted for one year, with the majority of them being over in two.

I know this could be a one-in-a-hundred-year-type recession, but if you're going on the law of averages, chances are things will all be peachy by this time next year.

That's my predication and I'm sticking to it.

Sigh, sometimes is really good fun being stupid.

No comments: