Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Houston we have a... "lot of snow"

I thought I should lift my game after Homepaddock's lovely words on the wireless about this site yesterday.

So this morning I was started to rattle the rocks around in my head trying to come up with something to post, but then I checked my inbox and found an email from The Australian Office. It turned out I wasn't going to have to doing any thinking at all, she'd done it all for me.

She's been, as she puts it, 'Casting loonies for ridiculous shows'. I read that and, like a four year old eating chocolate cake, the smile started to slowly smear itself across my face.

They've been asking contestant wannabes a host of questions and, well, they're not looking for anyone who would be capable of working out how to split the atom.However I think some of the answers they've got are simply genius.

Here's a wee sample of what she's heard/read.

Finish the phrase:
Curiosity killed the... "possum"
Behind every great man is a... "great wall"
Houston we have a... "lot of snow"
The early bird catches the... "first train"

Questions:
Who painted Van
Gogh's Sunflowers? "Um, Jesus?"
Who painted the Mona Lisa? "Mona Lisa did. It's a self-portrait."
What is a female deer called? "A she dear. But I think it's pronounced
shidere.

And you know what the best thing is? She's got a whole lot more of these pearlers to send my way.

You can't wait, can you ?

2 comments:

Holemaster said...

For maybe thirty years In Ireland, we've have a radio quiz called "Just a Minute, the sixty second quiz"

And some of the answers are legendary:

Q. Where's the Taj Mahal?
A. Just around the corner from the Dental hospital.
(Referring to the 'Taj Mahal' restaurant near Dublin's Dental Hospital).

Q. Complete this phrase: 'As happy as...'
A. A pig in shit!
(The quizmaster's name is Larry. He thought that might be a hint)

Q. What's the capital of France?
A. F

laughykate said...

'Q. Where's the Taj Mahal?
A. Just around the corner from the Dental hospital.'

I mean, you couldn't even write that !