Tuesday, September 09, 2008

I love being a grown up, I think.

So I spent time in the weekend with my cousin, her husband and their two small people.

My cousin's husband reckons that if I'd been born fifty years earlier than when I was actually born, that I would have been locked up in a lunatic asylum.

The first time he mooted this idea was in his wedding speech.

I took it as a compliment.

Anyway, we were walking into a shop and the three year old, clasping my hand, told me very solemnly that 'This is a no touching shop.'

'Oh really?' I say.

'Yes, you're not allowed to touch anything.'

Then she chased that statement up with, 'Only the adults are allowed to touch things.'

I was about to say, 'So that makes me a...?'

But I didn't.

Cause just sometimes - it's best to leave well enough, alone.

No comments: