Saturday, November 21, 2009

She's a hell of a way to get a job.

I recently caught up with a couple of friends of mine who had been living out of the country for ten years, but are now back.

They have been back for some time but this was the first time I'd seen them.

'Have you heard how I got my job?' Asked the female-half of the couple.

I hadn't. And now I have, well, it's just too good not to share.

She was returning for a flying visit in order to get some work and had jacked up two days' worth of back-to-back meetings. She was about a third of they way through them, when she had an interview at a workplace she really liked. Thought it was great and really wanted to work there.

The guy who was interviewing her asked her who she was seeing next, and she told him.

She's sitting in her next meeting when the woman who was interviewing her mobile phone rings, she answers it, then promptly hands the phone to my friend saying, 'It's for you.'

It was the guy from her previous meeting asking if she would consider coming back for a second meeting after she'd finished with her current one!

I've heard of creative ways of getting a job, but it's the first time I've heard of creative ways of securing an employee.

You got to applaud it, don't you?

4 comments:

Mwa said...

Very good. Very.

laughykate said...

Isn't it, though?

Holemaster said...

The kind of thing that happens in Ireland. Well, up to about a year ago. Now we're back to being a small insignificant wind break for northern Europe.

laughykate said...

Oh, hoping that you turn back into a windmill soon, Holemaster.