Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Some dogs should just stick to chasing cats.

Mental note to self:don't give the dog the car keys.

Oh, that's right I don't have one.

Maybe just don't give car keys to this dog.
Cause he's a rubbish driver.

Yesterday his owner left Wilco in his Cheverolet ute while he popped into the mall. Wilco obviously got a bit bored so decided to take the ute for a wee spin. He pushed down on the column gear change, putting the vehicle into drive.

And drive, the vehicle did - right into the front doors of a nearby cafe.

Luckily the cafe owner is insured. But can you imagine the insurance agent? 'So a dog drove a ute into the front doors of your cafe? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.'

(Almost as stupid as having to tell the quack that your badly sprained ankle is due to being run over by a dog. But let's not go there, today).

I think my favourite part of the article is the last line, 'Police were still investigating the incident.'

What? Have they not finished interviewing the dog yet?

15 comments:

Fat Sparrow said...

"'So a dog drove a ute into the front doors of your cafe? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.'"

If it had happened in Texas or Florida, no one would have been surprised. The first thing I ask when I hear some wacky story is "Was it Texas, or Florida?" Truly mind-boggling, the crap that goes on in those two states.

It may take a while on the interviewing, as goggies only speak teh lol. They should get someone in from ICHC to translate.

laughykate said...

Okay, I am getting it - 'Dallas' didn't surprise anybody in Dallas at the time?

Grow Up said...

He ate their homework, they have to wait for it to reappear before they can file a report.

Mwa said...

The cafe owner was insured? Surely this is all being paid for by the dog's owner or his insurance?

laughykate said...

Grow Up, heh, reappear then be sent to forensics.

Mwa, you have a point, so....does that mean when I got my foot sprained by a dog, I could have got the dog's owner to pay for my three months of physio?

Meadow said...

My dog ate €50 once.

I was going to wait for it to reappear, but then I decided that money's just not THAT important.

laughykate said...

Oh, wise wise move Meadow. Just contemplating finding it makes me feel a bit vomity.

Fat Sparrow said...

The Spouse Sparrow's dog once ate a 20 pound note. He did wait for it to return. As he said, "20 pounds is 20 pounds."

laughykate said...

Now that's committment ! My friend, the-mother-of-four-boys-under-six had to do the same with a two dollar coin the three year old swallowed.

The part I love about that story is that he swallowed it so the four year old couldn't get his hands on it.

You don't want to know what the body did to that coin.

Fat Sparrow said...

They just don't make coins the way they used to.

laughykate said...

Heh, I wonder if the same thing would happen if the coin was left in a glass of coke for three days.

Fat Sparrow said...

Oooh, the Fledgling Sparrow did that as a science experiment in elementary school; I would not recommend it. I believe stomach acid is less corrosive than Coke.

laughykate said...

*shudders*

Oh and, that video that wasn't working when you went to look (Alan! Alan!Alan!) is back up.

Fat Sparrow said...

"Oh and, that video that wasn't working when you went to look (Alan! Alan!Alan!) is back up."

Tried it just now, but no joy. Still something about Paramount, yada yada yada...

laughykate said...

Bugger, 'tis funny.